Monday, October 10, 2005

Temptation.

One of the nice things about the work I was doing is that pretty much all expenses were paid for, and what I did have to pay for on my own was almost always covered by the daily allowance they gave us.

I need to make a major purchase here pretty soon, so I have to fight the impulse to blow money on things like a shiny new laptop. The computer I'm using is on it's last leg. I could use a new one, and why not make it a laptop? If I do have to go back on the road in a few months, at least I'd be able to keep up with my blog a whole lot better. I'm sure if I dig around a little I could probably find a better price, but a 15.4" screen, DVD burner, integrated wireless, a Centrino processor, 80GB hard drive, and 512MB of DDR RAM for $929 isn't too bad. I'm not really a gamer, so the lack of a strong video card doesn't really bother me. I just need an all around decent computer for communication, my blog, and some bookkeeping. This would do just the trick.

Too bad I'll be a good boy and pass on this offer.