Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday Grumblings

Friday is here and I'm still in the Atlanta area. Conyers, GA to be exact. My partner and I had set things up so that we would be off around 2P.M. with nothing but freedom for Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday.

This Saturday is going to be probably the best weekend for college football for the next two months and we were both looking forward to some beer and television. Then our boss called to let us know that we have to go back to all 8 stores we've worked in this week to put out some equipment that didn't get shipped on time.

There goes our Saturday!

The thing that sucks most is that the equipment that we have to set up is the easiest part, and the maintenance people in the stores could easily do this, but we have to go to each store and have the manager sign off on it. We'll end up putting on 200 miles driving around the greater Atlanta area tomorrow instead of drinking suds and watching football. At least I get paid for the work I do, plus the miles I drive.

Our boss also seems to think it's a great idea to drive back to Knoxville to finish the stores we did last week before driving to Alabama. I can almost spit and hit Alabama from where I'm at now, and he wants us to drive further north to get to our southern destination.

Ugh!