Thursday, August 25, 2005

Got Meth?

Hey everyone, I'm back- a little earlier than expected and tired from driving.

A lot of our jobsites still don't have the necessary materials, so we never went to Atlanta. Instead we went to Knoxville, TN and Charlottesville, NC.

Total Miles: 1,972
Number of injuries: 1 (to the head!)
Drunken nights: 3

Over the last 4 days I've done more driving than any other point in my life I think. We left Wisconsin at 5:15am on Sunday, and arrived in Knoxville at about 5:30pm. The drive down was pretty uneventful. If you aren't aware, Knoxville is the home of the University of Tennessee, so it's pretty much a college town. Too bad I didn't have enough free time to take advantage of that fact. Apparently most women in Knoxville are blonde, and choose to wear tight white tops with short khaki skirts.

God bless them.

My days consisted of getting up at 5am, getting to the jobsite by 6am. By the time the day was over and we got to the next jobsite, got a new hotel room and got settled in, it was usually somewhere around 8-9pm, so I didn't get many opportunities to explore the towns that I was in.

Sadly, most of my amusement for this trip came in the form of silly road signs. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of them, but fortunately they are already on the internet:


Bong Recreation Area, north side of Milwaukee, WI. I'm sure high schooler hippy wannabes go there just for the name.






I also found Batman & Robin's playground in North Carolina







The jokes just tell themselves, don't they?







Basically, Indiana just wants you to get the fuck off their highways.
















All in all it was a uneventful trip, but I think I'm heading out sometime at the beginning of next week. I'm not sure where I'm headed yet though.