Monday, October 10, 2005

My trip

My trip around the southeast is done for time being. As I've previously mentioned, there hasn't been any fun stories to relate. My days consisted of getting up early, working at a particular jobsite, driving to the next jobsite, finding a hotel, and relaxing until I fell asleep. Instead of going out I spent most of my downtime reading or watching Adult Swim on the cartoon network. To paraphrase Digi, my life is more fabulous than yours!

I'm a non-fiction reader for the most part. I enjoy biographies in particular, but on this trip I read 3 different books. Some nights I only got to read a few pages, and other nights a few chapters.

The first book I read was "The Interrogators: Task Force 500 and America's Secret War Against Al Qaeda" by Chris Mackey. I definitely recommend this book to everyone, especially those who wrongly think that all we do with prisoners is stand them on boxes, make them simulate oral sex on each other, and make them assemble into human pyramids. This book will tell you the real story of U.S. Army interrogation tactics.

The Second book that I read is one that I haven't actually completed yet because it's a very slow read. I wouldn't recommend 1776 to anyone unless they are a history buff who enjoys reading about the Revolutionary War. I like the book so far, it's just hard to keep at it.

The Third book that I read was "Killing Pablo: The Hunt For The World's Greatest Outlaw" This book was written by Mark Bowden. He was the author of the book "Black Hawk Down" from which the movie was made. Killing Pablo is also a documentry that airs on the History Channel occasionally, but I'm hoping they eventually make a major motion picture out of this story. The life of Pablo Escobar is pretty fascinating and his eventual death provides a good storyline.