Friday, October 21, 2005

Featured Blog.

Something I've been planning to do for a while is to feature a blog each week. It may be a blog that's already listed in the "Blogs I read" section, or it might be one that I've just found. I don't really have any criteria for this weekly feature. It might be for the entire blog, or it might be because of a particular post. The Featured Blog will also get a seperate section on the sidebar until a new blog is picked.

This week's Featured Blog is A new life; same as the old life? For those that are familiar with it, you'll know it's Gordy's blog. I didn't choose Gordy as my featured Blogger because we met and I had drinks with him. I chose him because he blogged about his trip to my area.

A lot of us locals don't necessarily appreciate what we have, since we see it everyday. Since I moved away for about 10 years and have recently moved back, I see what newcomers see, and frankly I'm proud of where I live. When people around the country think about family vacations or couples getaways, you'll typically think of places like Cancun, Disney World, Cruise Boats, etc. I think everyone should consider coming to my area, Door County. I won't say that you can spend a week up this way without spending some money, but I'm pretty sure you'd spend less than you would at some of the more known tourist traps around the world.

Gordy has a great post about his trip to the great north, and I hope you read it.