Sunday, April 17, 2005

Get Well Tom

While surfing the net, I came across Tom Snyder's website. For those who are not familiar, Tom is a TV and radio personality who has been on the airwaves since 1955. He was born in Milwaukee, WI and has held many gigs throughout his career. Tom was the first radio personality that I listened to with any interest, and I'd regularly tune in to his broadcast when I was in High School while doing homework.

On April 15th, Tom made the announcement that he had been diagnosed with a form of leukemia. Fortunately for him, his doctors say it's not much to worry about and that his disease is fully treatable. Who knows with doctors though.

Anyway, I miss hearing Tom on the radio. He always seemed like a pretty good guy, giving both sides of a story and seemed to have a good amount of common sense. I hope he get's better soon.