Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dammit George

Those who know me know that I'm a mild Star Wars fanboy. I don't sit around in a Darth Vader costume or anything like that, but I do enjoy the movies. When Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith arrived in theaters, I always intended to see it, but I never got around to it. I've been waiting for today pretty uch all summer because I wanted to buy the DVD and watch it immediately.

I did watch the movie, and overall I did like it with the exception of two things:

1. It seems that Anakin went from "that's not the Jedi way" to "Sure, I'll kill kids" too quickly. I didn't like the timing on that, and thought they should have showed more internal conflict.

2. In the scene where the Emperor tells Vadar that he's responsible for Padme's death and he breaks himself off of the table and screams, I immediately thought of Frankenstein. I realize he's supposed to be recoverring from massive burns, but his stilted walking looked funny, and I didn't like it.

Like I said, overall I enjoyed the movie, and I'll probably watch it again soon looking for things I missed the first time.