Sunday, July 24, 2005

Rut Row.

This really ought to be on my politics blog, you know.. the one I haven't updated in a while.

But I digress.

So I sort of kicked the virtual bee's nest today. On a whim, I landed on the Huffington Post, home to all things anti-Bush, anti-Iraq. There I responded to an article and comments in regards to this Brazilian guy who found the business end of a pistol in the London Subway. The theme for most of the comments was how this is one of Britain's greatest blunders and some condolences for the guy and his family. I had a different opinion.

I still say the guy is a moron for running through a subway the day after an attempted attack and a successful attack two weeks prior. Some responded that that was perfectly acceptable because the police officers were plain clothed and there was no way the man would've known his chasers were police. Does anyone else not think that the police would announce themselves as they were telling him to stop? Even if the guy didn't understand one word of English, "Police" sounds a LOT like "Policia".

Another person wished that I would never be in a situation where I had to make a split-second choice on whether to pull the trigger on someone. Unfortunately I have been in that situation. Fortunately it wasn't a terrorist suspect. Fortunately, I didn't have to pull the trigger.

So, to all of you Huffington Post watchers out there (and I know you're there.. sitemeter tells me so), I hope you stick around for a while. I think you'll find that I'm not that bad of a guy, even if we don't agree on this issue.