Sunday, May 29, 2005

Behold, The Power of Cheese!

Alright, now that I have that out of my system. I promised this wouldn't become a cheese or (fudge)Packer blog, and I meant it.

I'll try to give you a recap of my trip.

From start to finish, 21 1/2 hours.

My brother and I hit the road Friday night at 9:30PM, like two truckers on meth. Everything was going smoothly, the kids were fast asleep and Texas was fading in the distance pretty quickly. We switched up in Texarkana and got some gas, so I decided to catch a couple hours of sleep. When I finally woke up, I woke up to this Image



The picture didn't turn out that well, but it really was a nice view. The sky was a strawberry red and it struck me enough that I was motivated to take a picture of it. Shortly after that, my kids woke up when we stopped to get gas, so of course I had to take a picture of them. You can see them here and here. There is a picture of my son hiding behind Mr. Incredible and a picture of my daughter looking not so amused LOL.

I was sad that we had driven through Arkansas in the middle of the night. We ended up passing through Hope, Arkansas which is the birthplace of President Clinton. There is a huge sign along the interstate promoting this fact. If it had been daylight, I'd have had my brother take a picture of me pissing on the sign.

Everything was pretty cool until we got to Illinois. This is when the trip started to suck a little. We had to drive from the southern tip of the state all the way to chicago. Most of this ride is though farm lands, and it's pretty boring, but it all went without a hitch. Things did end up getting interesting in Chicago.

My theory on driving through big cities is to avoid the bypass routes because everyone else is using them, thinking they are the only people smart enough to figure this out. Another part of this theory is to avoid the city all together during rush hour timeframes. We ended up hitting Chicago about 3PM and it ground to a halt. We easily lost an hour and half driving from one end of the city to the other, straight through downtown. My luck, the bypass routes were probably clear hehe.

This was our view while we waited for traffic to start flowing again.



The saving grace for this trip was that I was able to unlock the mystery surrounding female sexual satisfaction, or lack of. For years men and women have been trying to get consistent results in acheiving female orgasm. Some women claim they don't exist, some say it can only happen under certain circumstances, etc. etc. Well, apparently there is a band of terrorists at large in Chicagoland, operating under the name "Big 'O' Movers". I would assume these people are taking other people's "Big O's" and moving them to a secret location, so that you can't find your "O" when you need it. If you have lost your "O", try looking on I-94 in the vacinity of the Sears Tower. A quick note to the female readers out there: Fear not, as I have an advanced degree in spelunking. I have been known to find the "Big O" and the equally elusive "Big G" in the dark, without props or aides, and after consuming 12 or more beers.

After successfully navigating the greater Chicago area, it was a (relatively) quick 4 hour drive to my home in Wisconsin. All in all, a good trip. Too bad I have to make 2 more attempts, and I'm sure the odds are going to get worse.