Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Something tells me I'm going to miss it.

I took the bus today for probably the last time. I'm glad my last trip was interesting.

I encountered a lot of interesting characters. First, there were two ladies who got on the bus with a child in tow. The one lady was wearing a t-shirt that said Worth the Wait. Meanwhile, her friend was not only (apparently-lack of ring) an unwed mother, but she looked to be about 6 months pregnant. I found this quite amusing.

Another young mother was on the bus, she had what looked to be a 1 year old and was struggling with a stroller. The kid had just gotten some shots and was really crabby and cried the whole trip. I felt bad for her because she was trying to get the kid to be quiet, but failed. It appeared the lack of control was an everyday-thing because she really seemed to be struggling with it. Maybe she was just nervous and embarrassed.

Yet another mother with child got on the bus, this time the kid was being good and didn't make a peep the whole trip. For some reason the mother looked at the kid and said "mommy needs a job. Nobody wants to hire mommy". I thought it was an odd thing to say to a 4 yr old, but it made me chuckle. The mother was wearing a black t-shirt and capri pants. The shirt said "Pimpin Aint Easy" in hot-pink letters. No wonder she can't get a job. Or perhaps it was the gigantic green, blowjob-enhancing ball on the end of her tongue ring that was keeping her out of contention for all these jobs she probably hasn't applied for.

Perhaps she was advertising. Maybe I should've made an offer.