Tuesday, May 24, 2005

When you could just crush a trachea....

So earlier this week I started coordinating plans to take the kids home. All was going smooth until tonight. I'm still going home, and I'm still taking my kids with me, but my ex has decided to throw a monkey wrench in my little operation.

It's not anything that will prevent me from going home, but she's starting to be a bitch about it and acting as if I'm going to leave and never bring them back. She's just doubling my stress level. It's one of those situations where it comes down to decency and point of view.

See, during the timeframe I'm taking them home it's technically not my "time" to have then. My actual, court-appointed time to have the kids starts on July 1st. Since that is the day they are leaving for Germany, decency and common sense says that I have them prior to that so that everyone can leave as scheduled since it'll probably be a year before I see them again.

But of course things have to get difficult. Now I'm going to have to leave about 12 hours later than originally planned. Not normally a big deal, except we're on a timeframe. My brother has to work on Sunday, and although we'll still get home well before he has to work, he won't get a lot of rest and relaxation before heading off to work. I'm also being dictated when to bring them back, which I'm more ok with because the kids need to be down here in case there are complications with the passports, Army paperwork, etc. She's wanting them home about 5 days earlier than I had planned on, and is even going as far as setting a deadline for which hour I have to have them back by. Normally I'd tell her to get fucked, but since I previously mentioned, I'm not exactly in compliance with the divorce decree, so I basically have to suck it up to avoid needless complications and her freaking out and getting the law involved, and then me spending a comfortable weekend in county lockup.

It's all irritating, because she's showing her true colors and acting like the cunt that she is.