Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Tiny URL

I've known about the wonders of TinyURL for about a year and half now, and went to their website to create a URL for the snowmobile racing post and found out I could link their website. You may notice a TinyURL bar at the top of the page.

The purpose of TinyURL is to create much smaller links you can use in emails, blogs, etc. You may have received an email in the past from a friend with a link, but you can't click on it because the link was broken up during the sending process. The site creates a compact URL that is easy to use.

I originally added the TinyURL bar to the bottom of the blog, and it fit nicely, but I wanted people to be able to see it better, so I moved it to the top of the page. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it on top or not because I'm not entirely pleased with how it looks. I can't put the bar on my sidebar because it's too big and distorts the blog, so it's either gonna have to be on top or the bottom. I'm currently running it in both spots so I can get your feedback. Which do you think will look better? Comments are welcome.