Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Feud is over... for now at least

Ok, so our friends at MTV News are reporting that the feud between 50 Cent and The Game is officially over, with both rappers appearing at a press conference to announce that they are done fighting. I haven't seen any video from the press conference, but it's said that both rappers barely made eye contact and had the look of two kids being forced to apologize by their mother's. This is probably not far from the truth. I'm sure the record label made them put this behind them.

The thing that seems weird to me though, is both rappers contributed a donation to the Boys Choir of Harlem, but 50 held up a giant check in the amount of $150,000 while The Game held up a check in the amount of $103,500. This seems odd from a public relations standpoint. Was 50 trying to upstage The Game again? You'd think they would've held up one check with a grand total, or held up checks of equal value, say $100,000 even if 50 planned to contribute more. I think it looks bad for them, and I'm sure that the next time they start arguing, 50 Cent will be saying something about his bigger donation.

I was going to try and find some pictures of the conference to post on the blog, but honestly I don't feel like looking, I'm lazy, and don't really care if they buried the hatchet or not. You can see some pictures for yourself by visiting this link:

www.mtvnews.com