Tuesday, March 08, 2005

"I'm like Moses in the music business"

So James Brown recently was asked about any possible retirement plans, which he denied saying he still had work to do spreading the message of love, tolerance, and understanding through his music. He was also quoted as saying "Retire for what? What would I do? I made my name as a person that is helping. I'm like Moses in the music business,".

Some people are just full of it and this is a great point. How many people can honestly say that they are fans of James Brown? Sure, he's had some good songs over the years but he is mostly known these days for longevity and domestic violence. Anyone remember this great shot of Mr. Brown at his booking? **EDIT** picture taken down due to sizing issues



Get a grip man. If you want to stay out there making music, that's fine with me. Don't pass yourself off as the Moses of anything though. I don't think Moses would approve.