Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Sales are down!

Thought I'd post a few words about work. For those who don't know, I work in sales for a Local Telephone company. Simply put, when you move into a new house and want to set up service, you talk to someone like me who gets it all set up for you. Whenever someone wants to set up new service, make adjustments to their current service, or add features such as DSL service, I get "sales" credit. Well, sales have sucked that last few days! I've been dealing with a lot of billing issues and other things that don't go towards my quota. That's life in sales I guess.. can't get too high, can't get to low.. but it would be nice to string a few days together that were all high. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself because the job is relatively easy once you learn the systems involved and I'm new to the job (second week out of training) but I'm anxious to see some big commission checks. Stay tuned as I'll try to give you some updates on how things are progressing.