Friday, March 04, 2005

125 and still kickin


This lady lives in Brazil and may be the oldest person alive. Guinness is checking their records to make sure. She has outlived 4 or 6 children, and got me thinking about what it would be like to actually be that old... Would you be tired of living at this point? Supposedly she is of sound body and mind and currently lives in a wood shack in a small town. How do you pass the time and enjoy yourself when you have no more people of your age to hang out with? I think if I was that old I'd be trying to make money in some way or another just for being that old, I'd try to give lectures about things I've witnessed or encountered over the years or something like that. That is, if I didn't get tired of being that old and commit suicide. I'm not an advocate of suicide, but I think it would cause a certain amount of mental anguish being that old.. what do you have left to live for? Well, I don't know how she feels about it, but if she's happy that's good and I hope she is around to celebrate 130 and beyond.