Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Boys at Bud

So, the other day, my buddy Derek was giving a testimonial about the greatness of Bud E. Ever since reading his story, I've been wanting to try some of that stuff. However, I usually don't drink during the week because I don't like going to work with a hangover or headache. Tonight I went to the corner store, hoping to pick up some of this B to the E that I've been hearing about. The store didn't have any! But to my suprise, they did have another of Budweiser's new brews... Budweiser Select. This is their new "low carb" beer, advertised as a Distinct and Flavorful Beer with a Crisp Taste That Finishes Clean . I figured it was a bunch of crap but since I'm already pissed that I can't get some B-E (too lazy to go find it elsewhere) I'm like what the hell.. I'll try it. I'm on my second beer right now and they are not joking.. it definitely finishes clean.. there is no aftertaste what-so-ever. As far as flavor goes, it tastes just like a budlight.. but it tastes like my 10th budlight normally does.. they go down like water, so smooth and clean.. you can definitely get drunk on these because you'll want to keep drinking them. Now, I said they go down like water, but I don't feel that they have a watered down taste to them. There is no bite to this beer, you can definitely chug these down if you want to. I give the beer an A+, and it doesn't hurt that it only has 3.1 grams of carbs per bottle.. that's good for fat kids like me who try to do the Atkins Diet.