Saturday, April 08, 2006

Play Ball


I took a bus trip to Miller Park today and caught the Brewers - Diamondbacks game. I'm not a Brewers fan, but any excuse I can come up with to drink some beer will work for me.

As I mentioned, it was a bus trip so I didn't have to worry about driving home and got to concentrate on pouring down the beers. The bus pulled out of the parking lot at 9am, and I cracked open my first beer about 9:02! The key is to drink as much as you can on the bus ride down, unless paying $6.50 for one beer is your thing, in which case you can just wait until you get to the ballpark.

The only downside to a bus trip is that we didn't get to tailgate. The upside is that tailgating is a religion here in Wisconsin, so it's not hard to find someone else's party to attend. Our bus happened to be parked next to a bus carrying a bunch of drunk college students. They had 38 thirty-packs of beer and two kegs. There were only 52 students in that trip, so they were pretty blitzed. I witnessed a failed keg-stand, luckily the guy didn't get hurt when he fell on his face.

The game was actually pretty good. A little drama at the end, with the Brewer's coming from behind to win. I was co-winner of the pool for final score. I had the winning number of "9", and the final was 5-4. I paid $5 to get in the pool, and won $50!

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Any day I get to drink beer is a good day.