Monday, March 13, 2006

A pretty good weekend.

I left work Thursday night and headed for Upper Michigan to do a little snowmobiling.

Overall it was a pretty good weekend. There were a couple minor mechanical problems, but nothing that ruined the weekend. The temps were high though, in the upper 40's all weekend, which meant the trails were rough in some spots, but the upside was that we didn't have to wear 4 layers of clothes to stay warm. I rode all weekend with my jacket half-zipped and wearing real thin gloves.

One of my favorite things about snowmobiling is that you get to see some neat things. It's not uncommon to see deer, moose, fox, eagles, etc. Besides the wildlife there are a lot of natural wonders that make for good viewing. This weekend was no different. On Friday afternoon we stopped along the trail and checked out the view at Tahquamenon Falls. I didn't take this particular picture, but what I saw was almost identical: