Friday, November 18, 2005

My balls.

Since everyone seemed to enjoy it the last time I blogged about my nutties, I thought it would be appropriate to share again.

It's (relatively) cold here. Lows in the teens, wind chills at or below zero.

For the last 8 years I've boasted to friends that I'm a cold weather person. We'd sit on my porch in Texas drinking beers, soaking up the sun and I'd eventually tell them how I missed the cold and snow of Wisconsin. At some point I'd tell them the story about the day that I left for basic training. It was 20 below zero with 40 mph winds and the windchill was somewhere around 70 below zero. That my friends, is cold weather! At that point in time, early in 1997, I was completely comfortable with that sort of weather.

These days I am not :(

I still consider myself a cold weather person, and I'm enjoying the recent snowfall. However, it's my first "real winter" in 8 or so years, and I do have to admit that it's been a little tough. I get cold and stay cold all day. When I get home from work I hop in the shower just to warm up.

I almost forgot.... my balls.. The boys are doing fine, but they are in the Winter Protection Program. Safely hidden somewhere in abdomen. I haven't seem them in a couple of weeks, but I know they are just fine.

Sprigs is still my featured blog. I haven't found anything yet that can knock her off the perch.