Saturday, November 18, 2006

Eh, you know: this and that.

I'd be lying if I said that I've been too busy to blog. I'd be telling you the truth if I said that I just haven't felt the motivation to do so.

The wintertime is by far my favorite time of the year. I like the crisp, clean, cool air. I really like the snow and the prospect of snowmobiling (ski-dooing in Canada?)

At any rate, I've been a busy guy outside of the blogging world. I purchased a snowmobile from my dad:
















I also felt the urge to match, should we ever have enough snow, so I picked up a new jacket and bib combo. Still thinking about a new helmet too.

All combined, its a pretty decent expense so I've been pulling some extra hours at work. Normally I'll come up with a little ditty while I'm sitting at work not doing much, but we've found a new website to entertain ourselves with. The countdown is on for the day IT blocks our latest form of amusement.

So the elections are over and I couldn't be happier. We have about a year and half until the political ads start back up. It's really no surpise that the Republicans lost the majority. I just feel sorry anyone who may have voted for a particular candidate simply because they we're affiliated with George W. Bush. Hopefully you know where your candidate stands on other issues because in 2 years we'll still be in Iraq and Bush will be wrapping up his Presidency. I can't lie though, I'm hoping for another revolution in 2010 or 2012. I cannot relate to anyone who sits in a position of power it seems. Clean them all out and start over.

That's really all I've got for today, and possibly this week. I'm working 6 in a row, ending on the morning after Thanksgiving. I hope everyone takes the time to say a little thank-you for the things they appreciate most. I was tempted to do a Veteran's Day post, but you either appreciate them or you do not. Can't really sway the masses and I don't have the energy for it anyway.

Me? I'm going to thank some cheerleaders.

Labels: , , , ,