Sunday, August 27, 2006

Time for an update, I suppose..

In the comments to my last post I made a brief mention that I've recently moved.

I found a pretty nice deal at a cheap price that fits perfectly for the moment, but it isn't without it's drawbacks. I'm still waiting to get internet there, and that's probably the biggest source of my frustrations at the moment.

PROS:

1. What was once a 50-55 minute drive is now about 4-5 minutes.
2. Because of the shorter drive I'm saving a ton on gas money.
3. My rent includes electric, water, and sattelite tv. One stop shopping, so to speak.
4. I live above a bar. If you don't see the upside to that, I probably can't explain it to you.

CONS:
1. I live upstairs. After a 12 hour day at work, the last thing I want to do is walk up another flight of stairs.
2. I live above a bar. Along with it's obvious positive points, it has an equal number of negative points.

In other news, work has been good, but getting increasingly busy. We are entering a phase that is very busy with a lot of scrutiny.