Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lex.

I've had an epiphany of sorts today.

You know how it is when you see a friend, family member or coworker everyday and you don't notice their weight loss or gain because you see them all the time?

I've been on the lookout for a new Featured Blog for a few days now, and it occured to me that my latest choice has been with me for quite a while.

Navy Captain Lex has a blog that I've linked from almost the beginning. I don't leave comments on his blog very often. Hell, I don't leave comments on other people's blogs that much anymore, but when I go check out what Lex has to say, I usually just lurk and read. What I like about his blog is that he weighs in on a variety of topics. Since he is a Naval Officer he does share some old sea stories and military related stories, but he doesn't force it down your throat everyday. He also shares stories about his family, gives opinion on current events, and many other topics.

I knew that I wanted to point him out after several successive posts that made me think, "I'd like to point this out too, maybe I should link him?".

If you haven't already checked out Lex, you should give him a shot. He's got a lot to say and I'm sure you'll find him enjoyable. I do recommend that you read his short story Rhythms. It's a fictional story about life on an aircraft carrier, but it isn't all blood and bullets, it's more about things going through sailors minds as they float in the sea.