Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Five things and other housecleaning notes.

Hi everyone.

Keeks thought it would be cool to tag me with this 5 weird habits thing. I've thinking about it for a few days and it's hard to come up with five things, because I'm a pretty normal and boring guy. So it's going to be a weird habits/facts-you-might-not-know post instead.

1. When I eat a pop-tart I always eat the crust first.

2. I used to be terrified of needles, even the smallest ones. Back in 1998 I contracted menengitis and had to have a spinal tap. You'd think that would've reinforced my fear, but it didn't. I figure if I can handle a giant needle in my back, I can handle the little ones in the arm.

3. When I have various types of food on my plate, I don't freak out if they touch unless by doing so one of the foods will be "ruined" (ex: something wet or runny mixing with cake or cookies, etc). Although not as a rule and not all of the time, I tend to eat one item until its gone before moving on to other items.

4. Unless I'm running late or in some sort of panic, I tend to follow the speed limit or stay real close to it. Partly because I can't afford any tickets, partly because studies show you don't save much time by going 5 or 10 over the limit. Interstate driving is a little different of course, but I still stay pretty close to the speed limit.

5. I don't make a lot of eye contact with people I don't know. When talking to a stranger I will look them in the eye, but I don't seek out people by eye contact as others tend to do. I'm sort of a private person and until I'm familiar with someone I don't seek people out that way. Maybe I don't want people to think I'm staring? I'm not sure what it is.

And for some housekeeping notes:

I'm working an odd shift these days. My workday starts at 3pm and ends at 1:45am, with optional overtime until 2:45am. I usually work the overtime because what else is there to do at that time of night? I might as well work. That's one reason for my lack of postings, I'm still adjusting to the schedule. When I get into stretches where I'm not blogging, it's usually because I get wrapped up in other people's blogs. I mostly blame Joe for this. His posts are great, the comments are funny, and before you know it I've run out of time to write something in my own blog. I've also spent some time reading blogs that are new to me. I've been checking out Danny, G.D., Lulu, and Jenna. You should check them out too.

Some of you may remember this summer when I was whining about a job I really wanted in the Nuclear world that didn't end up happening because of scheduling problems. Last Friday I finally got a chance to sit down for an interview. I was told that 50 people were interviewing for about 15-20 positions. This Friday I'm having my second interview. I'm confident. Because of my experience, I feel like it's in the bag. Now I just have to deliver the mail. I'll keep you updated, even if you don't care.

This whole Bush Administration domestic spying program has left me with some mixed feelings because I think it effects me personally. Expect a post on that soon.