Thursday, June 23, 2005

It can be short.

Tonight I met my Dad over at my Uncle's house, he was doing some work on the snowmobiles because the racing season is almost upon on us. (More on that later whether you like it or not) As Dad and I were wrenching, I saw my Uncle come out of the house all dressed up. You never, ever see him dressed up. If he's going out to eat he'll put on a clean shirt, but never a dress shirt and khakis as he was tonight.

So I asked him what was up and as it turns out, this guy that we were hanging out with while camping last weekend died in his sleep the other day, and he was going to the wake. I'm not ever sure what his name was as I had only met him twice while already drunk, but I do know that he was 27, worked hard on a farm, was married, and has a daughter that's less than a year old. All that anyone really knows so far is that he passed away in his sleep. I'm guessing a blood clot or aneurism but it'll probably be a few more days before anyone knows anything for certain.

It's stuff like that that lets you know that life is indeed short.